Friday 11 April 2014

#crecomm

The day is here. The end of an era. The end of CreComm.

It seems crazy that a day that felt lightyears away just a few months ago is here. Right here in front of me, but it is. It's all done. We did it.

I had a post written a couple weeks ago that talked about this day, but it doesn't quite encompass what it feels like today. I wrote about all the time I spent doing homework, stressing out, and staying up too late. I wrote about all the weekends I spent doing homework, all the outings I missed because I was too busy, and all frantic text messages I sent because, of course, I couldn't find my notes on some specific due date. I wrote about all of that and in a huge way that is a large part of what CreComm meant to me, but today feels different. Today I see CreComm for what it really is: a program that not only changed my educational and professional life, but changed my personal life in a way that I'll never forget.

I sat in a dark photo studio today watching my friends take pictures and laugh at each other and I realized that even though I've been saying for months that I'm going to miss school when it's over, I'm really, really going to miss school when it's over.

I'm going to go to work every morning and be happy because that is what I've been working towards for the last five years, but I'm not looking forward to spending my lunches without Kailey and I'm not excited to go to Tim Hortons every morning without Meghan. I'm definitely going to miss my Monday/Tuesday drives to school with Taylor and I'm going to miss my chit chats and frantic texts with Bre.
Picture by Bre Hearsum
I'm going to miss seeing the same people every day and miss being able to relate to everyone around me because through better or worse, we're all in the same situation.

I can honestly say that CreComm was the best two years of my life and though I'm very excited for the future, I'm going to miss to CreComm like crazy (I kind of already do).

Congratulations, CreComm class 2014! We did it!

M

No comments:

Post a Comment