Monday 8 October 2012

Shirt Scarfing

Happy Thanksgiving all!

I hope everyone's full and sleepy from their delicious turkey dinners and are enjoying time with family and friends. My weekend was lovely, but somehow still too short. I had two Thanksgiving dinners this weekend, so my family and I are watching a movie, waiting for the lasagna to finish baking. I thought I'd write my latest Pinterest find/creation in the mean-time.

This week, the shirt-scarf.

Take a look...
Photo cred. Janet Gompf's Pinterest
Yes, it's a t-shirt made into a scarf. The things these Pinterest geniuses think of!

Well, I saw this (and pinned it) a few weeks ago, but it took me a while to get to it, it always does! 

My boyfriend just happened to have a bunch of old t-shirts that he was about to throw out (holy armpits, batman!) so I took them instead. I picked out the pretty colours - blues, greens, and greys - and started ripping them apart into as many thin strands as a could. It was an excellent stress reliever, if you're looking for that sort of thing instead of a craft. 

Anyway, I braided about 3/4s of the strand lengths and fastened a tie around the end. Then I sewed the loose ends together and fastened a ties around the sewed part to cover the not-so-attractive part. It turned out alright. Take a look...


Don't mind me and my clashing fashion choice. 

I was pretty happy with the way the scarf turned out, but I couldn't help but wonder where the Pinterest scarf model got her t-shirt from. My scarf, or necklace, is so short compared to hers. Maybe I need a fatter boyfriend? Maybe it's false advertising and she used a dress instead of a shirt? I don't know what they used, but mine sure turned out differently than I thought it would!

I would definitely recommend trying this one out. It was a lot of fun and looks so pretty, but I may be biased. I do own over 50 scarves. Yep, I sure do love those things!

Anyway, dinner's ready and smells delicious!

Happy pinning! 
 M 

No comments:

Post a Comment