Thursday 17 January 2013

I'm just a dreamer... a nightmare-dreamer...

Hiya!

I'm still thinking on the change in blog topic. It's a lot harder than I remember it being the first time around!

I'm also having a really hard time coming up with something to talk about this week... my brain's a little mushy this week, but how could it not be with the week I've had (I won't get into it... you don't wanna know).

The only thing that I feel like doing is sleeping this week - that's what four 8AM classes in a row do to you - so I guess the only logical thing to talk about is the weirdest dream I've ever had.

Well, it happened on Sunday night. I'm not sure what brought it on, all that I can think of is stress. Doesn't everyone have weird dreams when they're stressed out?? I'm going to with yes and make myself feel better. Anyway, I went to bed around 10:30 and was just exhausted so I don't remember even falling asleep, normally I do... I'm one of those people who take longer than seven minutes to fall asleep, apparently that's the average time it takes someone to fall asleep.

Well, I fell asleep and everything was fine. My dream started out like most of my good dreams do, I was at my boyfriends house and we had some people over. I guess it was a party. I knew everyone these except for this one weird looking girl who just kept fluttering around like a social butterfly. She was creepy and I didn't like it, but there were a lot of people there and I had to entertain.

After a while I lost sight of Mike - my boyfriend, but he didn't look like Mike, I just knew it was him - and the creepy girl. I was looking around for Mike when I spotted the two of them coming out of the spare bedroom. Well, needless to say the 'kick-some-arse' alarm went off inside of me and I started crossing to the room to get to him, but as I walked the room got longer and longer and he got further and further away. I hate when that happens. I hadn't even crossed half of the room when he looked at me with glazed over eyes and pulled out a gun!

Well that stopped me in my tracks and then he shot me 5 times. Everyone at the house ran downstairs and I was left dying in the hallway. Well the Megan in my dream was telling herself that she was dying, but I didn't die I just laid there and heard all the other gunshots downstairs. Then Mike came up stairs and got a towel and went to take a bath. I was holding my breath, but there was no point, he was in a trance.

So anyway, he took a bath and I got up and ran to the back window and jumped out. Suddenly I was in a western neighborhood and the streets were deserted. So I just started running down the streets looking for a telephone to call an ambulance because, you know, I was shot 5 times. Long story short (or shorter) I found a phone and called the police and then ran back to the house. Mike was still there and the creepy girl was dead and everyone else was fine.

He came up to me and said, "I'm sorry I shot you five times."

I said, "It's alright." And then I woke up.

Weird, right? I still don't know what it means. I'm thinking it's probably just a stress dream. I'm afraid of dying or not dying, but having a bunch of gunshot wounds? I don't know! So weird.

I told Mike about it and he laughed at me for about 15 minutes and then said, "Aww babe, I'm sorry I shot you 5 times in your dream."

Anyway, I'm going to chalk it up to a stress dream especially considering Mike's the type of guy who apologizes every time he steps on your toe or bumps into you in the kitchen, he's a sweet guy. I just can't believe some of the things I dream up.

Well, I think that's enough awkward dream information for one night. I leave you with this...

Laura Teena's Pinterest
Don't I know it!

Happy Thursday peeps.

M

1 comment: