Friday 25 January 2013

The hair-necessities


This week was a long week, but a great week because I finally go back to Pinning! Yippee! I pinned on a spare at school and I pinned before bed and weirdly enough I felt a bunch of stress just fall right off my body. I sighed a Pinterest sigh of relief. It was great. Do something for you every once in a while, I really recommend it!

This week, busy as it was, I felt like I needed to try something new. As I only had a couple minutes to spare between CreComm, University, two jobs, I decided I would try something new on my face and in my hair.

So Monday I bought new eye shadow, pinks and taupes because I saw a nice makeup tutorial using those colours. I tested it out before bed one night and it looked good, I love new makeup. I liked it so much that it even made its way on to my face for one day this week... that's commitment; I'm normally too tired to care about anything more than mascara during the week.

Also this week I varied from my normal pony-tail (long, curly-hair problems) and wore both a sock-bun (my Saturday grocery shopping / lunch-date look for the last few months) and a reverse braid ponytail (this one's new for me, I've been looking at doing one for a few weeks).


Well here's how they turned out -

Reverse Braid
It turned out alright, for the first attempt, anyway. And it was pretty easy... all I did was lay down on my bed and flip my hair over my head. A major plus to this was that my bun looked great (and huge) yesterday!

The sock-bun I didn't get a picture of because I've done it so many times before, but I did take a picture of it before.

Sock Bun
It still looks cool and somehow so relaxed!

It's times like these I want to tell myself to never cut my hair short again, but short hair is just so much fun (and so easy). I don't know what to do... the plan was to go back to short in the spring, but who knows! Long hair is so much fun too!

Happy Pinning (and weekend), everyone :)
M

No comments:

Post a Comment