Wednesday 26 March 2014

#beautiful

The no-makeup selfie.

Yeah, apparently it's a thing.

This ain't it!
You can ask any of my friends and they'll tell you I love taking selfies. I just do. I don't know why. It's silly and immature and fun... and you know what? That's exactly why I like them. But I normally take them when I'm feeling good and pretty - i.e. when my makeup and hair looks good and pretty.

So last week, a picture was posted on my wall. My beautiful friend Kailey nominated me for a makeup-less picture. I guess it's part of a "love yourself" on social media thing. So I posted a picture of myself (below) and then promptly put on "my face" and went on with my day.

#nakedface
I didn't realize until today that even though I wear minimalistic makeup every day I'm really not OK with not having "my face" on in public.

Well, that kind of made me sad. I'm always telling my family and friends that they're beautiful inside and out, with or without makeup (because they are) and I started to wonder why I couldn't look at myself the same way.

Well, today I decided to change. I woke up this morning, took a shower, put on my moisturizer, put my hair in a pony-tail and went out the door. It felt good. It felt natural. And I didn't care that my naked face was on display.

I'm still not sure why it feels weird to not put makeup on before leaving the house, but I'm going to try to do it more often. Why not, right?!

Anyway, everyone should know that if you're a good person, you're a beautiful person.

Makeup doesn't make the difference, you do.

M

No comments:

Post a Comment