Wednesday 27 February 2013

She Hath-a-way

Hi all,

How is everybody this lovely Wednesday? Looking forward to the weekend? I know I am! I just can't seem to wake up this week... probably the cold that just won't leave my head. Sniff, sniff!

Anyway, this weekend I watched the Academy Awards. I love watching award shows, mostly because of the dresses and shoes, but also because I love to guess who's going to win and then cry when I'm wrong.

But this year I was not wrong! I said from the beginning that Anne Hathaway, Jennifer Lawrence (even though I thought Jessica Chastain should have won, I knew Jennifer would be the one to take it home), and Daniel Day Lewis would win their nominated awards. I said that Argo would win best picture (it was shunned from every other major award, so how could it not). I didn't know who would win for best supporting actor, but I didn't care, if I'm being honest.

But what I really want to talk about here is everybody harping on Anne Hathaway. I thought her acceptance speeches at the Oscars, BAFTA awards, and Golden Globes was fine. I would be a walking mess if I won something that I aspired to win for my entire life! She's an emotional person and there's nothing wrong with that... from what I understand from people that she's worked with she's not the nicest person, so isn't it a good thing that she showed some emotion? People are so harsh.

Anyway that's just my opinion. I love Anne Hathaway. She's a great actress and is just absolutely beautiful. It was a nice touch for her to mention that she started out as the princess of Genovia and made it all the way to an Academy Award winner. Obviously she's never forgotten where she came from.

Dan Hartnett's Pinterest

Happy week after reading week!
 M

No comments:

Post a Comment