Monday 11 March 2013

Ads

Hello all!

Happy Monday.

I was writing a blog entry for a class I'm taking in university and realized same type of thing applies to this blog as well.
I had a thought today. It was a bit of a surprise because I wasn't paying attention, but then it hit me. I was standing in the elevator  and two ladies were talking beside me. They were looking at a poster for an upcoming soup lunch. They were asking each other what the sign said and what the details of the event were even though the poster supposedly explaining it all was right in front of them. This is where I tuned in.

I saw the poster last week, but never gave it any thought. It looked alright to me, but then again I wasn't interested in coming to a lunch this week. It's a nice colour of dark red with black font and a couple pictures on it. the font doesn't really stand out and that's what the ladies were upset about. They couldn't read it, and they weren't going to put in the effort to try.

This is the first time in my short CreComm life that I realized that fonts, colours, and advertising in genenral really does make a difference. I knew that advertising was important before, heck most of what I own is because of advertisements that I've seen, but this was the first time that I really stopped to think about it. My first thought was "oh those poor advertising people," but then I thought "no, they should've known better than to use that font and colour with that colour background." It's such a poster faux-pas!

Anyway, I thought that I would leave you with a couple examples of good posters I found online that I think (and know)  would work on me.
 
Ads of the World


Ads of the World

Have a nice day everyone!
 M

2 comments:

  1. I cannot count all the times I've received an event invitation without the time/place of the event in it! Same deal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! That's my design nightmare!

    ReplyDelete