Tuesday 26 March 2013

The UGLY tan

Hi all,

I'm changing up the pace today and I'm going to write a little bit of a rant post.

So everyone who knows me knows that I hate overly tanned (orange) people. Not in the normal "Eww they're gross," kind of way, but in an "I have an overwhelming desire to throw a bag a cheetos at you and show how it's not normal to match their orange-ness" kind of way. 

Maybe it's overkill, of course everyone's allowed to look the way they please - even if that means being hideous - but I just can't get over it. 

If you know me well you also know that this profound hatred of the 'orangies' stems from experience with one specific orange person. It's unfortunate that along with ruining her own skin (and appearance - which was awful to begin with, but that's beside the point), she ruined what could have been an appreciation for people who dare to be different and take on the strange responsibility of being the orange person in a group... nah. I'd still hate it.

Anyway, I'm just feeling a little mean today and felt like getting it out on 'paper'. I don't understand the compulsion to be over-tanned and I definitely don't understand the purpose behind being orange. I mean seriously, learn from your mistakes, it will never look nice. But at the same time, enjoy your premature wrinkles while this pale girl enjoys her unsun-spotted skin and her sunscreen buying obsession.

Here are some memes...

Melissa Davies' Pinterest

Rachel Elizabeth's Pinterest

Happy Easter friends
  M

No comments:

Post a Comment