Friday 6 September 2013

Good, bad, and decent

Hello there,

This week's post won't be nearly as interesting as last week's, mostly because this week has been crazy and I haven't really had a second to pay attention to life outside of school and my head. What I can say about this week is that too many people walk aide-by-side, four to a line on the sidewalk. Oh my Gosh, I thought I was going to rip the heads of a group of four girls who refused to make room for the people coming toward them on Princess Street, causing the oncoming people (me) to step into the busy traffic to continue along their way. Note to those girls - MOVE IT OR LOSE IT(!!!) figuratively, of course.

Another note on the wonderfulness of downtown, on the way to the car after school today, my firneds and I followed a disgusting trail of eaten chicken wings. They were just sitting there on the sidewalk waiting for some innocent puppy to come along, eat them, and choke. Not cool, low life who left them there. Be ashamed of yourself.

If you haven't yet noticed, I'm a little bit on edge today. It's Friday, I should be happy, and I will be in 30 minutes when I go home to watch Harry Potter for the rest of the night. Seriously, I cannot wait.

To lighten the mood a little bit here, I'll tell a nice story. Yesterday on my bus ride home from work I was lucky enough to get a seat that allowed me to close my eyes and drift in and out for the entire ride home. I was sitting beside a young guy who was listening to his music and staring out the window. Now, usually bus rides are long and conversational-less, but last night, just before this guy got off the bus, he looked at me and said, "I'm not trying to be creepy... you have a nice looking profile." Now, who doesn't love to hear a random compliment like that?! I responded in my usual awkward way - confused face and "Oh? Thank you."

Anyway, it was really nice to hear, and made me feel a little bit better about "bus people".

I hope you all have fabulous weekends and sleep a lot; if this week has been any indication of what the rest of the year is going to be, we're all goingto need as much sleep as we can. Whenever and wherever we can get it!

M

No comments:

Post a Comment