Tuesday 24 September 2013

Three grown men walk into a student parking lot....

On my way to school on Monday I drove into the war-zone of all construction sites. It was just crazy. It took me 15 minutes to get to the school once I was on Hargrave.... Just insane. Anyway, my point...

I was sitting at the blocked off intersection at 8:45 in the morning and out of the corner of my eye I see two dirty man walking toward all the stopped vehicles. They started at the front of the line and made their way to my car... what were they doing? Knocking on people's windows asking for money. WHY NOT, RIGHT?! I didn't roll down my window.

So, 15 minutes later when I parked my car and went to pay for parking (with change, I'm old-school like that) another grungy looking guy came up to me and asked, "Do you have any change?"

"Obviously I have change," I thought to myself. "I'm feeding the meter $7.00 in freaking quarters!!!"

"No," I said to him with a shake of my head.

Luckily he just walked away.

So, three grown men approached me in a span of 10-15 minutes first thing in the morning. Awful. Why would you ask someone who's so obviously a student (had my backpack on and everything) for money!? Why don't have money and guess what, if we did, it won't be for you!

Whatever anyway... this is four weeks in a row of being panhandled almost every day.

- insert frustrated face here -

M

No comments:

Post a Comment