Wednesday 5 September 2012

Blogging...

I have to be honest, when I first heard about blogging my initial thoughts weren't "yay!" thoughts. Between Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Foursquare, etc., I really didn't understand why anyone needed another place to talk about themselves (in full sentences and with proper grammar to boot). But after reading through a few well written blogs I realized that they're more than just a place to write about yourself. The range of topics you can base one on is astounding. It really is a whole new world!

Then, as only Social Media can, blogging expanded; the world was introduced to Pinterest - a picture blog. Everything from baking to the newest styles to the best vacation spots were all in one place, with directions and websites to guide the way. Wow! Suddenly I found myself searching for all sorts of things I didn't know I wanted to learn about in the first place. I found recipes, new styles, DIY ideas, everything! Then slowly, but surely my bedroom got a makeover, my living room too, I styled my hair in a bunch of different ways and I was making scarves out of old t-shirts. Pinterest really opened my eyes to just how many wonderful creative outlets there are, and I vowed to make and create as many of them as humanly possible - adding my own personal touch, of course.

So, that's where this blog comes in - it's like a creation tracker. Pinterest inspired me to make as many things "my own" as I can, and that's what I'm going to do!

Stay tuned...
 M

No comments:

Post a Comment