Tuesday 18 September 2012

Winter, Spring, Summer, Pumpkin Spice Latte

Well, Pumpkin Spice Latte season, formerly known as Fall, is among us.

I look forward to this time of year from January to September, and when school starts up my internal pumpkin spice count down turns on.

I went to Starbucks late last week and ordered my first delectable drink of the season. The order simply rolled off my tongue: "One Grande Pumpkin Spice with soy, please." Ahhh... it felt so good saying it.  It tasted amazing, even better than I remembered. I savoured each sip until it was cold and even then it was delicious.

Pumpkin Spice Lattes are so good, they've been popping up all over my social media sites - not literally, of course. Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest alike have all been bombarded with posts, pictures, and updates on every Pumpkin Spice lover kicking off Fall by purchasing the drink-treat.

I found this picture on Pinterest last week and literally laughed out loud...

Photo cred Erin Thorne's Pinterest

I instantly repined this it to my 'word' board and uploaded it to Facebook because this is my exact mentality. I know my favourite season has started when I get my first PSL. 

Pinterest also showed me an instructional site (Sand and Sisal, if you're interested in making it as well) to make my own PSL... dangerous! I'm not so sure how this will go, but I plan to attempt it this weekend. Stay tuned for what I'm sure will be an interesting story. 

I'm hoping it will taste as good as their picture looks...

Delicious Photo Cred Sand and Sisal


PS - If you haven't gone to Starbucks for your first Pumpkin Spice Latte of the season, GO! Run there right now! If you haven't ever had a PSL.... don't ever tell me. I will cry for you. 

M

4 comments:

  1. Don't forget it is also pumpkin beer time! My favourite time of year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been getting mine half-sweet on someone's sage advice -- makes them a little less sinful, though, it's true, not as good someone. Wait. I know exactly how.

    Soy is good too?

    Your blog does make me want to give Pinterest a try -- I installed the app a while ago but it seems I just can't keep up with all these different networks I need to be on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Half-sweet is a really good idea - thanks for that!

      I've never had regular milk in a latte; soy has always been my go to. It's delicious!

      I would definitely recommend Pinterest. Out of all my social media sites, it's my favourite.

      Thanks for commenting! :)

      Delete