Wednesday 9 October 2013

20-somethings

Ok, I've done it again. I'm going to change my blog theme. It's hard to look for unfortunate downtown stories when you're trying to be a more positive and well-rounded person. I'm still not a fan of the downtown scene, but I'm trying to be nicer about it and, at the very least, not freak out every time a stranger happens to look my way.

So I've moved on; gone are the days when I would post about the travesties that are downtown experiences and here are the days where I write about the important things. The life related things. The 20-something posts, if you will.

Earlier this week I was looknig through Pinterest (go figure) when I came across this blog called GenTwenty. It's a blog that gives advice on how to be twenty, live through your twenties, etc. I started to read this one post titled 11 Quotes for you 20s and it got me thinking.

For years I've been waiting to get older. I've been waiting to graduate. Waiting to have money. Waiting to fall in love. Waiting to get married and buy a big beautiful house and have babies and wear "mom jeans" and get the cool "mom haircut"... and I've sort of forgotten that there's all of this life that's happening in the mean time that's just being wasted on me. I'm too consumed with school to do anything during the week. I'm too busy with homework and catching up with all the things I didn't have time to do during the week to do anything on the weekend. And all the while I'm too broke to do any of the "fun things" my 12-year-old self thought 22-year-olds were supposed to do because I'm too busy with school and homework.

I assume it's the same (or at the very least, I hope it's similar) for every other student so I thought instead of giving advice on how to be a 20-something, which I obviously know nothing about, I'll talk about what other people advise us 20-somethings do with our lives. It's nice to be reminded that life doesn't revolve around school and it's good for you to step away from the computer and just live. So that's what I'll be writing about from now on. I hope it inspires you to do something out of the ordinary like it did for me.

Here's an inspiring quote to leave you with for the week:

“It’s never too late to be who you might have been.” – George Eliot

M

No comments:

Post a Comment